If your charity would like to become a Charity Partner, please read this page.
and click on the "Register to Become a Charity Partner" link. If you have questions
before that, please contact Pat Legato at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you!
WE ARE AT CAPACITY FOR CHARITY PARTNERS FOR 2013. WE'D LOVE TO HAVE YOU PARTNER WITH US IN 2014!
Subway Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope Weekend:
1K, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon
Saturday, November 1, and Sunday, November 2, 2014
A Family Event For Everyone:
Saturday: 1K Kids Run
Sunday: Half Marathon (21.1K)
Full Marathon (42.2K)
OUR CHARITY PARTNER CONCEPT:
The Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope Charity Partners
who are interested in team building and fundraising on behalf of
their charity. Team build and fundraise while we organize and
plan all the details of the event.
Encourage participation in the Subway Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope
while raising funds for one of our official Charity Partners.
In 2032, our Charities raised over $250,000.
Leverage this program and engage your constituents while competing
in a well-run event as an Official Charity Partner.
Plus a chance to win even more money for your charity with one
of the following prizes:
1st Place = $500; 2nd Place = $300; 3rd Place = $150
These cash prizes will be awarded to the top 3 Charity Partners
in the following categories: (only 1 award per Charity Partner
– based on standings as of Nov. 15, 2013.
- Most participants
- Largest amount of pledges raised
Benefits for Your Charity:
- Encourages participation and support for your cause by allowing
participants to raise funds for the charity of your choice.
- Reduces risk by removing many of the costs, time and resources
associated with organizing a stand-alone event.
- Raises awareness for your cause by partnering with a first class
event that attracts participants from across Canada.
- Free, personalized fundraising. We add the convenience and security
of online fundraising and tax receipting at ZERO cost to you.
You receive 100% of the donations!
- An opportunity to purchase a booth at the 3-day Health & Fitness Expo
on race weekend. This Expo has over 7,000 visitors passing through it,
so it offers further opportunities to recruit, promote and fundraise.
Benefits of Using Our Online Fundraising System:
- Quick reporting – fundraising reports containing registrant details
and individual donation, including tax receipt numbers.
- Tax receipts are generated electronically and issued to the
donors email address.
- Lower administration costs – only a 4.5% + 50¢ cost for online donations.
Less handling of donations means more time to recruit and
- Ease of linking to social mediums such as Facebook and Twitter.
Benefits for Your Team:
- Technical run shirts for ALL participants.
- Free training programs available for all the distance races.
- Free online fundraising, courtesy of Subway Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope.
During the Race:
- Our course is flat, fast, traffic free and well marshaled.
- “CANADA’S” Fastest Boston Qualifying Race – we attract runners
from across Canada and North America and beyond.
- Water and First Aid stations along the route.
- An opportunity to gain exposure for your cause.
- Children have a great time on in our ‘Kids Fun Zone’.
- Race Directors, Gord & Esther Pauls were awarded
“Sports Ambassadors of the Year” by Hamilton Tourism.
After the Race:
- Unique finisher medals for ALL participants of all races.
- Complimentary food and refreshments for race participants.
- Free post-race massages after the half and full marathon.
- Food vendors for spectators.
- Free parking at Confederation Park.
HOW TO BECOME A CHARITY PARTNER:
- You must be a Canadian Registered Charity in good standing.
- Sign up online today by clicking on “Charity Partner Registration”.
- Pay a registration fee of $800 + HST = $904.00.
(NOTE: This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Entry fees must be used during this year.
- You will be notified within 2 weeks of your acceptance
– limited number; apply early.
The Registration Fee Provides:
- $800 in race entries (credited at preferred rates) that you may
use as an incentive for participants to raise funds for your cause.
Our fee provides us with a commitment from you that you will
recruit a team of runners to help achieve your fundraising goal.
- A small risk by our partners compared to the larger risk associated
with organizing your own fundraising event.
How Many Free Entries will $800 Provide:
- 20 free entries into any one of our races (5K, 10K, 1/2 or Full Marathon).
CHARITY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
An Opportunity for Additional Exposure on Race Day:
- It takes more than 500 volunteers to deliver a first class event
like the Subway Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope.
- Your adult volunteers who are not running can join our volunteers
to help with duties such as:
- Finish line medal presenters
- Water stations
- Food station attendants
- Shirt & Race Kit hand out
- BRAND a section of the course if you provide 20 volunteers or more.
- For volunteer information, email us at volunteerR2H@live.ca
All Charity Partner inquiries should be directed to
Pat Legato (email@example.com)