If your charity would like to become a Charity Partner, please read this page.
and click on the "Register to Become a Charity Partner" link. If you have questions
before that, please contact Pat Legato at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to working with you!
REGISTRATION FOR CHARITY PARTNERS FOR 2016 NOW OPEN!
Pauls Real Estate Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope Weekend: 1K, 5K, 10K, Half Marathon, Marathon
Saturday, November 5 & Sunday, November 6, 2016.
A Family Event For Everyone:
Saturday: 1K Kids Run
Sunday: Half Marathon (21.1K)
Full Marathon (42.2K)
OUR CHARITY PARTNER CONCEPT:
The Pauls Real Estate Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope wants to help Charity Partners who are interested in raising significant funds for their charity through a big event, but don't have the time, resources or people to plan a big event. You can concentrate on team building and fundraising while we organize and plan all the details of the event.
Encourage participation in the Pauls Real Estate Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope while raising funds for one of our official Charity Partners. In 2015, our Community Charities raised over $230,000.
Benefits for Your Charity:
- Encourages participation and support for your cause by allowing participants to raise funds for the charity of their choice.
- Reduces risk by removing many of the costs, time and resources associated with organizing a stand-alone event.
- Raises awareness for your cause by partnering with a first-class event that attracts participants from across Canada.
- Free, personalized fundraising. We add the convenience and security of online fundraising and tax receipting. You get 100% of your donations (minus online administrative fee).
Benefits of Using Our Online Fundraising System:
- Quick reporting – fundraising reports containing registrant details and individual donation, including tax receipt numbers.
- Tax receipts are generated electronically and issued to the donor's email address.
- Lower administration costs – a service fee will be deducted for online costs and the rest goes to you, the charity. Less handling of donations means more time to recruit and encourage participants. Service fees are as follows:
$00.00 - $24.00 service fee is $2.00 + HST
$24.01 - $48.00 service fee is $3.00 + HST
$48.01 - $72.00 service fee is $4.00 + HST
$72.01 - $96.00 service fee is $5.00 4 HST
$96.01 - $120.00 service fee is $6.00 + HST
$120.01 + service fee is $6.50 + HST
- Ease of linking to social mediums such as Facebook and Twitter.
Benefits for Your Team:
- Technical run shirts for ALL participants.
- Free training programs available for all the distance races.
- Free online fundraising, courtesy of Pauls Real Estate Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope.
- Booth in the Charity Tent on race weekend to raise awareness of your charity and for your runners to meet.
During the Race:
- Our course is flat, fast, traffic free and well marshaled.
- “CANADA’S” Fastest Boston Qualifying Race – we attract runners from across Canada and North America and beyond.
- Water and First Aid stations along the route.
- An opportunity to gain exposure for your cause.
- Children have a great time on in our ‘Kids Fun Zone’.
After the Race:
- Unique finisher medals for ALL participants of all races.
- Complimentary food and refreshments for race participants.
- Free post-race massages after the half and full marathon.
- Food vendors for spectators.
- Free parking at Confederation Park.
HOW TO BECOME A CHARITY PARTNER:
- You must be a Canadian Registered Charity in good standing.
- Sign up online today by clicking on “Charity Partner Registration”.
- Pay a registration fee of $800 + HST + service fee of $6.50 + HST= $910.50. (NOTE: This fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.) If you recruit a minimum of 20 runners, we will return $500 to you, making the cost for being part of this event only $300. (Refund of $500 + HST = $565)
**Includes space in the charity partners tent at no additional cost**
Register early – there are limited spaces for charity partners.
- After you have registered online, Pat Legato will contact you for further information. Race Roster will also contact you to get your receipting information.
What HMR2H Expects From the Charity Partner :
You will recruit a minimum of 20 participants for the weekend. (The more participants, the more people there will be to raise money for your charity. If you have 20 or more, we will return $500 of your registration money.)
- Your charity will provide a minimum of 5 volunteers for race weekend. (See below)
- You provide your own tables, chairs and signs for the charity tent.
CHARITY VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
An Opportunity for Additional Exposure on Race Day:
- It takes more than 500 volunteers to deliver a first class event like the Pauls Real Estate Hamilton Marathon Road2Hope.
- Your adult volunteers who are not running can join our volunteers to help with duties such as:
- Finish line medal presenters
- Water stations
- Food station attendants
- Shirt & Race Kit hand out
- 'BRAND' a section of the course if you provide 20 volunteers or more.
- For volunteer information, email us at email@example.com
All Charity Partner inquiries should be directed to
Pat Legato (firstname.lastname@example.org)